Wayne Dyer was truly, truly inspirational in the self help and motivational speaking world. At times referred to as 'The Father of Motivation.'
He wrote more than 40 books and has a tremendous amount of amazing videos on YouTube.
For some reason his work has just come into my life lately and I hadn't read any of his books or viewed any of his work in the past.
And I absolutely LOVE HIM and his messages.
Here are some of my favorite quotes from Wayne:
"You can either be a host to God, or a hostage to your ego. It's your call"
"Van Gogh never made a penny in his entire lifetime. He painted because it was in his soul, his excitement. It was what aligned him with his source of being. It's the same with me and writing."
"Love is the ability and willingness to allow the one you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you."
"When I chased after money, I never had enough. When I got my life on purpose and focused on giving of myself and everything that arrived into my life, then I was prosperous."
"When you squeeze an orange, orange juice comes out, because that's what's inside. When you are squeezed, what comes out is what is inside."
Wayne spent a great deal of time inspiring others in areas such as the ego, the law of attraction, affirmations, the Dao and so on.
A lot of his work has really hit home with me lately. Specifically his Ten Spiritual Principles:
- Have a mind that is open to everything and attached to nothing
- You can not give away what you don't have (ie if you do not have a lot of love inside you can not give it away to others)
- There are no justified resentments
- Don't die with your music still in you (follow your passions, make your purpose a PRIORITY do not sit on your death bed with this magic left inside you and not expressed in this world!!)
- Embrace silence
- Give up your personal story
- You can't solve a problem with the same mind that created it
- Treat yourself as if you already were what you'd like to become (I love this one!!!)
- Treasure your divinity
- Wisdom is avoiding all the thoughts that weaken you
I highly recommend you check out his books and videos if you have not already!
Below is a clip I love with Wayne speaking to Anita Moorjani who is a truly inspirational woman who had a near death experience and has many amazing lessons to share from that.